Wednesday 25 January 2012

The NVIDIA Blog

The NVIDIA Blog

Link to NVIDIA

Inner Geek: Surfboard Art in GeForce’s Wake

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 04:01 PM PST

Adelina_action_pic_2_lowres

From sketching on my childhood bedroom walls to painting surfboards and canvases, art's always been a part of my life. And now I use GPU technology to help me create art out of old surfboards and show it off to the world.

Adelina painting on canvas.

I was born in Venezuela to a family that always encouraged me to keep my artistic spirit alive. They enrolled me in art classes at an early age and were very supportive when it came to having a house full of painted walls and splatters. It wasn't long before they realized it was time to get me some real art supplies!

From the moment I watched my first surfing movie at the age of 11, I knew my life was never going to be the same. It stirred something within me. All I could think about was surfing and waves.

So, I moved to California – the mecca of surf culture – where I bought my first real surfboard. This helped me realize that I wanted to combine my passions for art  and surfing. I wanted to create painted surfboards and surf-inspired canvases.

A “before” and “after” look
at one of Adelina’s surfboards.

Today, I use GeForce graphics cards both for work and for my art. GeForce GPUs help make the process of creating digital art and graphic design much smoother. It can be a hassle to work with large formats on a computer that doesn’t give me the graphics flexibility that I need.

I now collect broken surfboards to turn them into art pieces, and the learning curve has been very steep! Words like “fiberglass", “resin” and “sanding” were not part of my vocabulary before, but I'm more than familiar with them now.

I also showcase my work on Oceanus Art, a collection of visions and experiences that come from the heart. It's a reminder that we're not alone, and that above all the world's chaos and confusion there's a vast realm of love and light available to us all. My work reflects how the colors, shapes and structures that we perceive move us, sometimes without even knowing it. My intention in painting is to bring the spectator into other realms and dimensions.

Meditation and yoga have always been a big part of my life. My paintings reflect the inner silence where time and space don’t matter, only light and love.

Find more of my work at OceanusArt.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment